Monday 25 August 2014

Coconut Oil: The Oil for Everything

You can pick Coconut Oil up from pretty much anywhere, I get mine from amazon for something like £3.30, which considering how many uses it has it a pretty darn good deal! It comes in solid form, and all I do to get it to its oily loveliness is rub is around in the palms of my hands for a few seconds and its all ready to go! 


Use Coconut Oil on your scalp: This ones a bit of a messy one! If you suffer with dry skin on your scalp, smoother it in coconut oil when you've got a spare hour before you need to jump into the shower, really make sure you wash it out properly as you can look like you've not washed in weeks, even if you leave the slightest bit at your scalp (learnt from past experience...) and hey presto, much less dry skin on your scalp, it should improve dandruff too

Use it as a Hair Mask: Melt it in the palms of your hands and generouslly apply it all over your hair, or as I personally do just to the dry and frizzy ends, I've found it to be a really nice deep repair treatment that actually works. It leaves your poor old ends looking and feeling much happier

Use it on your Skin: The smell might seem slightly sickly sweet to some, but again, melt this in your palms, or you could even melt a small amount in the microwave if you're putting it all over to save time and use the oil instead of your normal body lotion. It leaves my skin feeling really soft. I sometimes get really dry and itchy skin on the insides of my arms etc and I find it really helps soothe the dry skin there.


Use if before a night out: Or whenever you want super fit looking shiny legs!

Use it on your nails: After you've painted your nails, pop a bit of this on the cuticles, one it acts as a treatment for them, not that I can say I actually bother with all that...but it does look like you've just had your nails done professionally as it leaves that 'wet, shiny' look around your nails

Use it as a body scrub: Kinda sounds contradictory after me telling you how soft it makes you feel, but mix this with equal parts of sugar and lemon and you've got yourself a "free" body scrub, which will make you feel silky smooth in the long run!

Drink it? Maybe... I have read on many occasions that you can drink coconut oil alone, or add it to the blender when you're making a smoothie, personally I haven't tried this, but knock yourself out if you're not a wimp like me!

(Photo Credit: http://www.healthyfoodteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/7-Ways-To-Use-Coconut-Oil-For-Energy-Recoveryy.jpg)

10 comments:

  1. I have heard so many amazing things about coconut oil!
    I really need to purchase some to use on my hair! xx
    allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really recommended it for your hair! It's so quick and easy just to slap a load on once a week and it seriously does the trick! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it's great for removing even the stubbornest of waterproof mascara! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article comes from inspiration and frequently reading the latest news and articles about a subject and keep up the good work in this website.
    personal financial planning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, I adore Coconut Oil, it just has so many uses :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted thanks.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've started using it for all sorts of stuff I can't be without it, thank you very much, I'll have a look at your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely blog, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    My Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3831938

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness
    I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again!
    Fingerprint Attendance System Dealers in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete