Saturday 11 April 2015

Mac Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer Duo Review




These two are possibly my holy grail face duo, I love them! Paired together I get amazing coverage, and a gorgeous demi-matte finish (sorry blogger talk...not too matte, but not too dewy, natural!)
The great thing with Mac, particularly for us pale gals, is that the shade range is incredible and really is true to colour. For me, Mac foundations are pretty untouchable. 

So, for the foundation, the coverage is medium to begin with, I really wouldn't say it was sheer... but it is defiantly build able, for me I like a pretty full coverage, so this works really well for me. I really think you would struggle to make this foundation look cakey too, I've rarely found it to be a problem in that aspect. The best thing about this foundation for me is the longevity of it. It really does last all day. I would honestly say Mac are telling the truth with their 15 hour promise with this one. Which is perfect for me, as a makeup artist (soon to be professional!) it's so important for my makeup to stay on and look good, my face is literally a walking advertisement for my skill set.
Rating: 5/5...go get on the pro long wear hype!

Last but not least, the concealer. Man this is GOOD. The coverage is the best I've found from anywhere. It is full, full coverage. Great under the eyes and on blemishes, I personally prefer this for blemishes and it can crease under the eyes, but that can be sorted by just setting your under eye makeup really well. The colour is a true match, which is super important for me. It lasts pretty damn well too. The pigmentation of this concealer is awesome, meaning a little goes a long way. As I'm building up my kit, I want this in every colour!
Rating: 5/5


Foundation RRP: £25.00

Shade I wear: NC15
Mac Claims..."A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection."

Concealer RRP: £17.00

Shade I wear: NC15
Mac Claims..."A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolouration."

No comments:

Post a Comment