Friday 24 May 2013

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions- Instant Perfecter Review!


  

As far as I'm aware this is a tester size of the product that I am using at the moment because I have ran out of my regular size tube and I haven't had the chance to get out and buy some more with exams and what not :( boohoo! This is a 'pore minimizer' refining lotion, from the well known English brand, Clinique. I suffer from enlarged pores due to my oily/combination skin, as does my mum and we swear by this for a smooth, even foundation application! The one thing I would change about this product however is the smell, in my opinion its quite strong. It doesn't linger on the face, however when applying the product, you can slightly smell it, but that might be just me! 

The formula is a creamy, white sort of cream and blends instantly. I would say there is little, if any colour pay off to the product, however I have it in 'Invisible Bright' which is probably why! The product is also available in 'Invisible Light' and 'Invisible deep'- I found the best one to go for, for me personally is the 'Invisible Bright'- as the colour range is lacking and I think this is the safest option 



On my skin, the lotion is quite brightening, and really does conceal enlarged pores if used regularly and blended well. The forumla is non-drying a light, so can be worn alone, under a primer/foundation-without any 'discomfort' or annoyance. With regards to allergeries, all Clinique products state they are allergy tested, and so far I can vouch for their claim as neither my mum or I have had any problems with the products on our skin.

As you can see from the blended swatch on my hand, the finish is seemingly invisiable and non cakey. I find this refiner really works for my skin and after a long period of use, I struggle much less with my foundation staying on my skin in oily areas and the very well known problem of blocked and visible pores! 
I hope this helps anyone who was considering a pore refiner or simply wanted some more information! 
Do you know any other products that work for you? 


3 comments:

  1. This looks really nice, even your hand looks pore-less and lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is lovely! And at £19.00 I do think it is quite good value for money!xx

      Delete
  2. this product looks really good, definitely going to try it out! thanks for the post- followed :)

    www.therunwaylocket.blogspot.co.uk
    Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete