Wednesday 18 September 2013

My favourite lipsticks and how to choose the right colour for YOU!








First off, let's ignore the mountains growing on my chin, nobody's perfect! 
I've gone through my lipstick collection and found the lipsticks that are either my all time favourites, or simply my favourites at the moment! I tried to pick one that would cover as many lipstick colours and tones as I could, however obviously I am limited to the colours that I have which I find suit my skin tone best!

Bold Pink: Rimmel Apocalips in Apocoliptic 
Pin up Red: Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang
Dusty Everyday Pink: Rimmel Lasting Finish in Have Fun!
Berry: Elf Mineral Moisturising Lip Balm in Berry
Everyday Pink: Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial
Lilac/Pink: L'oreal Caresse Lipstick in Rock N' Mauve
Dark Plum: Accessorize Lipstick in Passionate

Now..How to find the right colour for YOU

Personally, I think fair skins suit, pinky/red tones. Warmer toned lipsticks will warm up your skin tone and won't wash you out! On me, for my pale skin I hate nudes, they really don't do anything for me! I also love dark reds, red/blushy pinks, bright pinks and berry/plummy tones.

Medium skin..I'd go for medium pinks, corals, reds, and orangey pinks, bright pinks and nudes. For medium skins I think its the best of both words as both cold and warmed tones lipsticks look great

Olive skin..I'd go for colder toned lipsticks (blue toned) dark rose tones, blue based reds, mauve toned colours, and nude based reds

Dark skin..Brownish reds, dark fushias and golden undertones, maybe even nudes if you want to switch it up a bit!

But all said and done, wear whatever makes you happy and what you feel comfortable in! Let me know what you think!

12 comments:

  1. cool post, i still haven't found a lipstick that i really like on me! i'm quite fair so i'll have to try your suggestion :)

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you find one! I've struggled for so long, wasting money on colours that really don't suit me, trust me you're not alone on that one!
      Thanks for the comment!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  2. These all look lovely, thanks for following my blog, I have followed you back x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, thanks for following too!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  3. they are so pretty, i should try them I really like your blog too btw i followed you with GFC, if you follow me back let me know on my blog :D
    pro-cosmetics.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah give them a go! It took me ages to really find colours that suit me! Thank you very much, I'm going to have a look at your blog now!
      Thanks for the comment, Alice xxx

      Delete
  4. great advice! people always talk about picking the right foundation for you but no one ever talks about picking the right lippy

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yeah I noticed that, thought I would try something different!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  5. Great post :) I am so glad I have medium/olive skin - best of both worlds hell yeah! (That saying still reminds me of hannah montana :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God I miss hannah montana haha! Give them a go and let me know what you think!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  6. nice post! what's the apocalips like? i've wanted to try it but every time I swatch it it's really sticky xx

    michelles-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a useful blog post I've always struggled with finding the perfect shade for me! Thanks x

    http://theilyxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete