Friday 23 August 2013

I ♥ drugstore makeup tag

Questions:


1) What is your favourite drugstore brand overall?

Rimmel London without a doubt! My favourite foundation at the moment (and has been for a while!) is the Wake me up foundation by Rimmel. The coverage is amazing and the finish is so dewy and healthy and ugh it's gorgeous! I love love love their lipsticks and the new Apocalips liquid lipsticks range are just amazing, if you haven't tried them yet I highly, highly recommend them. 


2) What are your favourite face,cheek and lip products?

My favourite foundation is the Wake me up foundation by Rimmel
For primer is the ELF mineral face primer (I have this in clear) I have tried the Smashbox photo ready primer before and I would honestly compare them.
For blush it has to be my Sleek Blush Trio, Sleek blushes in general are just fab.
For bronzer it's either the Bojours chocolate bronzer (I have this in the lighter colour) or the ELF contour and blush kit in St. Lucia.
With lip products at the moment it has to be the Rimmel Apocalips liquid lipstick range! Amazing amazing amazing

3) Least favourite product?
Considering I love the brand Rimmel to death this may surprise you but I absolutely hate their scandalise mascara! I don't know what it is, maybe its the particular tube that I picked up but the brush is just far too big (which is strange as I usually love a big brush) and the formula is just too gloopy and sticky, it makes my lashes so clumpy and spidery which makes for a bad makeup day!

4) What is the best makeup bargain?
My best makeup bargain has to be the eyeshadow palettes by MUA. For their outstanding price they are just such a lovely quality. They have a lovely range of colours and you really feel like you can buy the whole collection of palettes (well at least I do!) as they are so inexpensive. You can have so much fun trying out different looks as each palette is so different which is always nice! These for me are a must have!

5) What is your favourite underdog product?
It probably has the Miss Sporty Clear Mascara (which I use to set my eyebrows) I have friends that spend so much money on eyebrow products, particularly ones to set them. I first picked this mascara up about 2 years ago on a whim after hearing about someone that used the mascara for this, it was probably around the £2/3 mark and I can honestly say I haven't used anything else to set my eyebrows since. But be careful if you take this tip as adding too much can leave you with a slightly sticky face!

6) A drugstore product that is over priced?
I think this has to be mascaras! Some mascara's in the drugstore, naming no names *Cough* Max Factor *Cough* are so over priced. The last time I purchased Bad Gal Lash from Benefit (all time favourite) it was £15. Some Max Factor mascara's really aren't that far off that! And for a drugstore product I think that's getting a bit too much now!


7) Show your best drugstore dupes
I'm much more of a fan of drugstore makeup so I'm probably going to be pretty rubbish on this question however I think Rimmel's lipsticks could give some higher end brands a run for their money! 



8) Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

The Maybelline Baby Lips..they really are just lip balm with a fancy packaging. An essential yes, but not worth the hype or the money!

I absolutely loved doing this post as I do love drugstore makeup! What are your favourite drug store products?

I tag 
http://www.beautyrambles.com/
http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

And anyone else that's wants to do it! Tag me in your post if you do!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me this lovely! I agree with Rimmel lipsticks, they are fab! I'll do this tag over the weekend :)

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, love your blog!
      Rimmel is 100% my fav brand!
      Thanks, I'll have to have a look when you've done it!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  2. I completely agree that mascaras are over priced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really expensive aren't they! So tempted sometimes to buy a higher end one when I'm wanting to try out something new, they really aren't much more expensive!
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  3. great tag, love it!:) xxx
    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Have you done this?
      Alice xxx

      Delete
  4. I REALLY need to try wake me up foundation! have you done a review on it? (Im a new follower!) Thanks:)
    erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably one of my favourites, it's the one i'm wearing at the moment anyway! No I haven't but I would love to if you would like to see one before you try it? Let me know!
      Thanks for the comment and following!
      Alice xxx

      Delete