Saturday 14 September 2013

Makeup: Where to really put YSL Touche Eclat


Now I know this doesn't really fit in with my normal drugstore and budget beauty hypes and loves that I post on here, but I really wouldn't blog about something so expensive that I personally wouldn't buy myself..but since I have, I can justify posting about it! My mum has used this for years so I finally got over the price of it and splurged on it, and I have to say I'm very impressed! However..very naughtily (considering her daughter plans on being a MUA) my mum has been using this in the wrong places for years! I showed her where and where not to put it specifically and it has made a difference to the effect that the highlighter on her face. 

Which is something I want to stress, this isn't a concealer, it's a highlighter. Although I use it to brighten up my eyes, I don't apply it as a concealer for my under eye circles, for this 9/10 I'll be using collection's lasting perfection concealer in a peachy tone!


Now it's time to get fancy with a face chart...
Places where you should be putting Touche Eclat to ensure it really works..Obviously this is my personal preference and you can choose which of these places would work best for you.

1. Under the brow bone to highlight the brows
2. Feather the highlighter on the main part of your forehead 
3. Inner corner of the eye, as close to the tear duct as you would normally put your eye highlight or as close as you feel comfortable

4. Down the bridge of your nose (the side of the nose is optional, I personally just like putting it here)
5. On the top of your cheek bones, this highlights the eyes!

6. The cupids bow and down the side of your lips.. something which looks great when you're wearing a pop of colour on your lips

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I love a good highlighting and conturing session! I can't ever imagine using Touche Eclat as a concealer though, it would just make my blemishes/spots more prominent and shiny haha.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried By Terry Touche Veloutee? I actually prefer that to Touche Éclat. I know only use YSL when I'm not going out properly, great post though, everyone seems lost as to how to use one of these magic pens!!

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete