Monday 9 December 2013

Current Foundation Routine: Revlon Colourstay


I'm super happy with my foundation rountine at the moment so I thought I'd share it with you! 
I'm currently loving the Revlon Colourstay foundation for Normal/Dry skin. This foundation is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
-Great coverage
-Really great colour
-Light weight feel (something I didn't get with Mac's Studio Fix Foundation)
-Long wearing all for the very resonable price of £12.49...slightly more expensive that a regular drugstore/high street foundation, however the quality is definatly that of a high end one!

On clean, moistourised skin (let your moisturiser set for 5 minutes!) I apply my Revlon Colour Stay foundation. I'm loving buffing this foundation in with my Sam Chapman Real Techniques expert face brush. I love the density of this brush, it blends liquid foundation in seamlessly giving a really flawless finish. I begin stippling the foundation in, then buffing all over my face and neck to make sure it's lovely and blended! 

Finally I finish with a tiny bit of Benefit Watts Up! (another recent splurge!) which I blend on the highest point of my cheek bones, brow bone and down the centre of my nose. This is a cream to powder forumlar do doesn't look or feel cakey, and gives me a really, really pretty glow. It doesn't have any dense peices of glitter in so doesn't look OTT..I really struggled to find a nice highlighter before this, It's more a 'lit from within' rather than a highlight!

12 comments:

  1. The Benefit Watts Up is amazing, gives a lovely glow to the skin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Revlon foundation, they are the only foundation products I swear buy! I really want to try the Benefit Watts Up too *writes on Christmas list*

    Thank you for commenting and following my blog! I love yours and I am following back!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually tried a revlon before but I'm really, really impressed! Haha yeah I think it's one for the christmas list! You're more than welcome, thanks for following back!
      Alice xx

      Delete
  3. I always wanted to try the foundation. It's funny how its so long since it came out and was hyped but you still see it everywhere in the beauty universe :) must be good haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd give it a go if I were you! You could always ask for a sample to make sure it's right for you! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy when I find a foundation that I love so I completely understand the excitement you must feel ;) I'm in love with my healthy mix serum foundation at the minute! Im a new follower!

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk - id love for you to come and check my blog out at some point? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! Sadly this one was a little too dark for me (silly me for testing it in crap light!) but I could justify replacing it before it was finished because I love that much! Ohh I like that one too! I'd love to check out your blog! Thanks for following!
      Alice xx

      Delete
  5. I used this foundation a few years ago and I liked it then - its too heavy for my skin now though x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to really like their Whipped one. But so in love with my YSL Touche Eclat foundation right now. It gives a gorgeous finish and glow to the skin. I get so many compliments each time I wear it.

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this foundation, but in the oily skin formula, it's just fabulous!
    Xx!
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not tried this foundation but mine has just been discontinued (one of the worst things that could happen to a girl!) so I'm on the hint for a new one so may try this out :)

    ReplyDelete